High Purity Bismuth Oxide Powder Information And Bismuth Oxide Properties
Bismuth powder can be made into three distinct types of pure bismuth oxide products: a, b, and d. Bi2O3 is bismuth dioxide formula.
Bismuth Oxide Properties:
A yellow monoclinic, alpha type bi2O3 crystal with a relative density of 8.9 and a melting point 825. It is insoluble in acid and water. The b type is a cubic crystal system with bright yellow and orange colors. It has a relative density of 8.55 and melts at 860. This can be easily converted to metallic bismuth with hydrogen or hydrocarbons. Unique material, dBi2O3, has a cubic fluorite-type crystal structure. 1/4 of oxygen ion positions within the crystal lattice is vacant.
Bismuth Oxide Preparation:
1. You can add sodium hydroxide solution without carbon dioxide to bismuth solution 80-90°C. The solution is alkaline throughout precipitation and forms a white volume-expanding bismuth oxide hydrate Bi (OH), 3 precipitate. The solution is then heated, stirred briefly and dried to yellow bismuth triooxide. Once the mixture has been filtered and washed, it is ready to be used as bismuth oxide.
2. In a nitrogen atmosphere, a 0.1mol/L solution of bismuth-nitrate at 80 to 90 degrees C is dissolved in 1mol/L Nitric acid. To this dropwise solution, a 1.5mol/L sodium hydroxylide aqueous solution without carbon dioxide is added to combine them. After precipitation, it remains base. After stirring for a few minutes in hot water, the solution will turn to bismuth trioxide, which is a yellow, volume-expanded, bismuth oxide hydrate Bi OH 3 that precipitates. After decanting, wash the mixture 15 times with clean water and remove carbon dioxide. Finally, filter the solution and dry.
3. After melting the bismuth into graphite, and then melting under oxygen flow, an arc forms between graphite electrodes and metal liquid surfaces to heat and oxidize. You should place the crucible in a large container and ensure that oxygen is continuously available. It takes between 750 to 800 degC for b-bismuth oxide to react and it is quickly produced with 99.8% purity or less. The product can then be quenched with water or placed on a cold plate to form a high temperature phase b-type.
4. Slowly mix the bi (NO3) 3* 5H2O acid solution (20g) slowly into the excess sodium carbonate. Then, stir vigorously. After obtaining the Bi2O3CO3 precipitate, filter, rinse, and dry it. It can be placed in an aluminum vessel and heated at 650K for approximately 1.5 hours to make b-Bi2O3.
5. For about 3 - 4 hours, heat the basic bismuth nutrate to 400 - 500 degrees C. This will remove any NO3- ions.
2BiONO3 = BIO3 + NO + N2 + O2
Once the product has burned completely, the lemon-yellow color will appear after cooling.
6. You can clean the surface 16kg 99.9% of industrial bismuth by using a very small amount dilute Nitric Acid. Next, you need to dissolve the surface nitric with conductive waters. Next, add 1:1 high-purity Nitric Acid (35kg of nitric with a relative density of 1.42 and 20L of conductive water). Continue to react for 10 min.
After cooling it, filter the filtrate and heat to 65 to 70 degrees. Once evaporated to a concentration of 1.9, cool and freeze. Spin-dried bismuth nutra to get its nitrate form. Mix the bismuth solution in water with some stirring. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes to precipitate the base bismuth. The 99.99% high-purity bismuth dioxide powder has been obtained after being broken down and burned at 500 for approximately 7-8hrs.
Bismuth powder can be used to make bismuth salt. Bismuth powder must be 99.15% pure to function as an additive in electronic ceramic materials. These include ceramic capacitors, zinc oxide varistors and ferrit magnetic materials.
Trunnano offers a wide range of comprehensive solutions and services for advanced materials research. Trunnano is a service provider for universities, research centers, companies, and other institutions. Trunnano's product range includes metal, ceramic, nanomaterials and rare earth materials. It also offers coating and target materials.
Mis-asia, Misasia advanced material Tech Co., Ltd., a Bi2O3 manufacturing company, has over 12 years' experience in the field of chemical products research, development, and production. Do you need Bi2O3 of high quality? Please feel free to contact us and submit an inquiry .