What is graphene? What is it used for?
Graphene (Graphene) is a two-dimensional material with only one carbon atom thick, consisting of hexagonal planar films with a honeycomb lattice composed of carbon atoms with SP2 hybrid orbits.
Graphene is the thinnest but also the hardest nanomaterial in the world. It is almost completely transparent, absorbs only 2.3% of light, has a thermal conductivity of up to 5300 W/m·K, higher than carbon nanotubes and diamond, and its electron mobility exceeds 15000 cm2/V·s at room temperature. It is also higher than carbon nanotubes or monocrystalline silicon, and its resistivity is only about 10-6 ω ·cm, lower than copper or silver.
What are the optical properties of graphene?
Optical properties Graphene has very good optical properties, with an absorption rate of about 2.3% over a wide wavelength range, making it almost transparent. Over a range of graphene layers, the absorption rate increased by 2.3% for each additional layer of graphene thickness.
Graphene is suitable for making transparent touch screens, light panels, and even solar cells.
Categories of graphene:
Monolayer Graphene (Graphene): REFERS to a two-dimensional carbon material consisting of a layer of carbon atoms packed tightly together periodically in a benzene ring structure, or hexagonal honeycomb structure.
Bilayer or double-layer graphene: refers to a two-dimensional carbon material composed of two layers of carbon atoms stacked closely with benzene ring structure (i.e., hexagonal honeycomb structure) in different stacking ways (including AB stacking, AA stacking, etc.).
Low layer graphene
Few layer graphene refers to a two-dimensional carbon material composed of 3-10 layers of carbon atoms stacked closely periodically in a benzene ring structure (i.e., hexagonal honeycomb structure) and stacked in different ways (including ABC stacking, ABA stacking, etc.).
What is the thermal conductivity of graphene?
Graphene has very good thermal conductivity. Pure, defectless monolayer graphene has the highest thermal conductivity of 5300W/mK, which is higher than single-walled carbon nanotubes (3500W/mK) and multi-walled carbon nanotubes (3000W/mK). When it is used as a carrier, the thermal conductivity can also reach 600W/mK.
Top 10 uses of graphene:
1. Build the next generation of supercomputers. Graphene is the most conductive material known to date, a property that is particularly suited to high-frequency circuits. Graphene could be used as an alternative to silicon to produce future supercomputers that run faster and consume less energy.
2. The cable that makes the "space elevator".Scientists have come up with a special material that could be used to make space cables that they imagine will be connected to the ground.
3, can be used as liquid crystal display material. Graphene is a "transparent" conductor that could be used to replace liquid crystal displays in the next generation of screens for computers, televisions, and mobile phones.
4. Make a new generation of solar cells. Graphene transparent conductive film is the ideal material for a new generation of solar cells with very high conversion efficiency due to its high transparency for all infrared rays including medium and far-infrared rays.
5. Make photon sensors. Last October, a team of IBM researchers first demonstrated their graphene photodetector.
6, manufacturing medical disinfectant and food packaging. Chinese researchers have found that bacterial cells cannot grow on graphene, while human cells are not damaged. This property of graphene can be used to make bandages, food packaging, antibacterial clothing, bedding, and more.
7. Create "new super-strong materials".Graphene and plastic composite, with toughness, ultra-thin, ultra-soft, and ultra-light properties, is the next generation of new plastics.
8. Graphene is suitable for making transparent touch screens and transparent panels.
Manufacturing transistor integrated circuits. Graphene can replace silicon as the base material for the next generation of ultra-high frequency transistors and is widely used in high-performance integrated circuits and new nanoelectronic devices.
10, the manufacture of ultra-light aircraft materials as thin as paper, the manufacture of ultra-tough body armor, with military use.
TRUNNANO (aka. Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd.) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12 years of experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials. Currently, our company has successfully developed a series of materials. The few layer graphene produced by our company has high purity, fine particle size, and impurity content. Send us an email or click on the needed products to send an inquiry.