High Purity Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder CAS 12069-89-5, 99%
Recently, on Sinopec's annual results teleconference, the company representative answered questions about the oil prices, and said that the future trend of oil prices is still very uncertain, and it is expected to be around $100 this year and $85 next year respectively.
Sinopec, "There are many factors affecting oil prices at the moment, including geopolitics, macroeconomic trends, the implementation of the policy of OPEC+, the strength of the US DOLLAR and so on. We see a lot of uncertainty in the future oil prices. It is impossible to predict the accurate price, but a general trend could be estimated."
According to Sinopec, international institutions generally have a forecast of around $100 this year and around $85 next year in the oil prices. As geopolitical problems and other issues ease next year, oil prices will be lower than this year.
The volatile oil prices in the international market will continue to affect lots of industries and the supply of many Mo2C Powder.
About Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
The molecular formula of molybdenum carbide is Mo2C, the molecular weight is 203.88, and the carbon content is 5.89%. It is a dark gray metal powder with a closely packed hexagonal crystal lattice. The density is 9.18g/cm and the melting point is 2690℃. As a new type of functional material, it has a high melting point and hardness, good thermal and mechanical stability, and good corrosion resistance. It has been widely used in high-temperature resistance, wear-resistance and chemical corrosion resistance. field.
Molybdenum carbide has a hexagonal crystal structure, a = 0.30029nm, c = 0.472895nm. Micro Vickers hardness (load 50g) 1950kg/mm2 (compared to 2080kg of WC). / mm2 is softer) Melting point is 2687℃. Feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price if you would like to buy Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder in bulk.
Features of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
Molybdenum carbide CAS 12069-89-5 is a gray hexagonal crystal. It has the characteristics of high melting point and hardness, good thermal stability and mechanical stability, and good corrosion resistance. The melting point is 2692°C. It is insoluble in water and alkaline liquid, and slightly soluble in nitric acid, sulfuric acid and hydrofluoric acid.
Molecular formula: Mo2C
CAS Code: 12069-89-5
Appearance and properties：gray black metal powder
Melting point: 2690℃
Technical Parameter of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
|Test Result (%)
How is Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder produced?
1. Generally, molybdenum carbide powder is made first (using molybdenum and carbon direct chemical method, metal oxide and carbon reduction-chemical method, vapor deposition method and self-propagating high-temperature synthesis method), and then in a vacuum or reducing atmosphere in the carbon tube Furnace, molybdenum wire furnace, high-frequency vacuum furnace for sintering (reaction sintering, hot pressing sintering and hot isostatic pressing sintering are mostly used).
2. After the molybdenum powder and carbon black are fully mixed, they are ground by a ball mill and pressed into shape. In a hydrogen gas stream, the product is calcined at 1350-1500°C, and then the calcined product is cooled, crushed, and ground. Or use molybdenum trioxide or molybdenum dioxide instead of molybdenum powder reduction method.
3. Auxiliary metal bath method.
Using cobalt as the auxiliary metal, select Mo: Co to form a metal bath at a ratio of 1:(1～1.5), heat it in a pure graphite crucible with a Taman furnace in a hydrogen stream to 1800°C, and cool it (heating to 1800°C within 1h) ℃, keep at 1800℃ for 2～3h, cooling to room temperature takes 2h), crush the solidified product in the crucible, treat it with warm hydrochloric acid, and dissolve and remove the cobalt, and then obtain powdered Mo2C with a particle size of 150～350μm, the purity is: Containing 5.82%～5.85% (mass) of bound carbon, 0.26%～0.32% (mass) of free carbon, 6.08%～6.17% (mass) of total carbon.
4. Manufactured by the carbonization of metallic molybdenum.
Molybdenum trioxide MoO3 is hydrogenated and reduced to obtain molybdenum powder. Then the mixture of molybdenum powder and carbon black [Mo934% (mass) C6.6% (mass)] is dry-mixed with a ball mill for about 10 hours, and molded under pressure at a pressure of about 1t/cm2. Put the pressurized material block into a graphite pan or crucible, and heat it to 1400～1500 in a hydrogen stream (using pure hydrogen with a dew point of about -35℃) with a Taman furnace or an induction heating furnace (see picture) ℃, keep at this temperature for about 1h. Carbonize molybdenum to generate Mo2C.
5. Using synthetic methods.
First, the molybdenum powder is thoroughly mixed with carbon black [containing V6.6% (mass fraction)] according to Mo93.4% (mass fraction), then ground by a ball mill for 1 hour, pressurized to form, and put into an induction furnace. In hydrogen gas flow, calcining at 1350-1500°C for 1h, and then cooling, pulverizing and grinding the calcined product to obtain the product. Molybdenum trioxide or molybdenum dioxide can also be used instead of molybdenum powder for reduction to obtain molybdenum carbide.
Applications of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
Molybdenum carbide is a new functional material with a high melting point, high hardness and excellent anti-corrosion properties. It has been widely used in various high temperature, abrasion and chemical corrosion fields. It has a similar noble metal electronic structure and catalytic performance.
1. Due to its electronic structure and catalytic performance similar to noble metals, molybdenum carbide can be widely used as a catalyst for reactions involving hydrogens, such as the isomerization of alkanes, the hydrogenation of unsaturated hydrocarbons, hydrodesulfurization and denitrification;
2. Molybdenum carbide is an important component of molybdenum-molybdenum carbide hard coatings and other cermet coatings, and can also be used alone as a wear-resistant and wear-resistant coating;
2. Molybdenum carbide is widely used in hydrogen-related reactions such as alkanes;
3. Molybdenum carbide can be used to produce chromium-free special alloys and engineering ceramics;
4. Molybdenum carbide is used as super-hard tool material, wear-resistant material, heating element material and high-temperature structural material;
5. Molybdenum carbide is used to produce wear-resistant films and semiconductor films;
6. Molybdenum carbide can be used to make chromium-free special alloys and engineering ceramics.
Storage Condition of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
Damp reunion will affect Mo2C powder dispersion performance and using effects, therefore, Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder should be sealed in vacuum packing and stored in cool and dry room, the Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder can not be exposure to air. In addition, the Mo2C powder should be avoided under stress.
Packing & Shipping of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
We have many different kinds of packing which depends on the Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder quantity.
Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder packing: vacuum packing, 100g, 500g or 1kg/bag, 25kg/barrel, or as your request.
Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder shipping: could be shipped out by sea , by air, by express as soon as possible once payment receipt.
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including boride powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, sulfide powder, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality Mo2C powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])
Molybdenum Carbide Properties
||dimolybdenum carbide, Mo2C powder
|Solubility in H2O
Molybdenum Carbide Health & Safety Information
The negative electrode material is the carrier of lithium ions and electrons during the charging process of the battery and plays the role of energy storage and release. In the battery cost, the negative electrode material accounts for about 5%-15%, which is one of the important raw materials for lithium-ion batteries. The global sales of lithium battery anode materials are about 100,000 tons, mainly in China and Japan. According to the current growth trend of new energy vehicles, the demand for anode materials will also show a state of continuous growth. At present, the global lithium battery anode materials are still dominated by natural/artificial graphite, and new anode materials such as mesh carbon microspheres (MCMB), lithium titanate, silicon-based anodes, HC/SC, and metal lithium are also growing rapidly.
Our company provides anode materials and Mo2C Powder. If you need to know more anode materials and Mo2C Powder, please feel free to contact us.