What you should know about artificial graphite
Following the progress in Russia-Ukraine peace talks, the gold price fell more than 1% the next day, hitting its lowest in a month, and palladium prices briefly tumbled by nearly 9%.
"We have seen metal prices going into free fall when the Russia-Ukraine situation is likely to see a major detente, which spurred people's risk preference and optimism that the war could end at a time," said OANDA senior market analyst.
A Russian deputy defense minister says Moscow has decided to sharply curtail its military activities around Kyiv and Chernikov in Ukraine, following talks between Russian and Ukrainian representatives in Istanbul.
Where the prices of metals, natural gas, and commodities like the artificial graphite will go in the future, is still very uncertain.
Artificial graphite, is similar to polycrystals in crystallography. There are many kinds of artificial graphite, and the production process is very different.
In a broad sense, all graphite materials obtained by carbonization of organic matter and then by high temperature treatment of graphitization can be collectively referred to as artificial graphite, such as carbon (graphite) fibers, pyrolytic carbon (graphite), foamed graphite, etc.
In a narrow sense, artificial graphite usually refers to the use of carbonaceous raw materials (petroleum coke, pitch coke, etc.) with low impurity content as aggregates, coal tar pitch, etc. as binders. Bulk solid materials prepared by processes such as roasting) and graphitization, such as graphite electrodes, isostatic graphite, etc.
There are many forms of artificial graphite, including powder, fiber and block, while artificial graphite in the narrow sense is usually block, which needs to be processed into a certain shape when used. It can be regarded as a multiphase material, including graphite phase converted from carbonaceous particles such as petroleum coke or pitch coke, graphite phase converted from coal tar binder surrounding the particles, particle packing or coal tar tar binder The pores formed after heat treatment, etc. Generally speaking, the higher the heat treatment temperature, the higher the degree of graphitization. The degree of graphitization of industrially produced artificial graphite is usually less than 90%.
Compared with natural graphite, artificial graphite has weaker heat transfer performance, electrical conductivity, lubricity and plasticity, but artificial graphite also has the advantages of better wear resistance, corrosion resistance and low permeability than natural graphite.
The raw materials for making artificial graphite mainly include petroleum coke, needle coke, pitch coke, coal tar, carbon microspheres, etc.; its downstream products mainly include graphite electrodes, prebaked anodes, isostatic graphite, high-purity graphite, nuclear graphite, thermal switch, etc.
The application of artificial graphite products is mainly reflected in the following aspects:
1. Graphite electrode: a graphite electrode made of petroleum coke and needle coke as raw materials and coal tar as a binder, which is calcined, batched, kneaded, pressed, roasted, graphitized and machined. The electric arc is used to release electric energy to heat and melt the charge, which is widely used in electric furnace steel, industrial silicon, yellow phosphorus and other equipment.
2. Prebaked anode: It is made of petroleum coke as raw material and coal pitch as binder. It is made by calcining, batching, kneading, pressing, roasting, dipping, graphitization and machining. It is generally used for the electrical conductivity of electrolytic aluminum equipment. anode.
3. Bearings, sealing rings: equipment for conveying corrosive media, piston rings, sealing rings and bearings made of artificial graphite are widely used, and there is no need to add lubricating oil during operation.
4. Heat exchangers and filters: Artificial graphite has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, good thermal conductivity and low permeability. It is widely used in the chemical industry to make heat exchangers, reaction tanks, absorption towers, filters and other equipment.
5. Special graphite: using high-quality petroleum coke as raw material, coal tar or synthetic resin as binder, through raw material preparation, batching, kneading, tableting, crushing, re-kneading, molding, multiple roasting, multiple impregnation and purification and graphitization and machining, generally including isostatic graphite, nuclear graphite, high-purity graphite, etc., used in aerospace, electronics, and nuclear industries.
High-quality graphene material supplier
Luoyang Moon & Star New Energy Technology Co., LTD,
founded on October 17, 2008, is a high-tech enterprise committed to
developing, producing, processing, selling, and technical services of
lithium-ion battery anode materials. After more than 10 years of
development, the company has gradually developed into a diversified
product structure with natural graphite, artificial graphite, composite
graphite, intermediate phase, and other negative materials
(silicon-carbon materials, etc.). The products are widely used in
high-end lithium-ion digital power and energy storage batteries.
If you are looking for graphene material material, click on the needed products and send us an inquiry：email@example.com.
U.S. oil prices surged about 10% to $105.14 a barrel. This is the highest level since 2014. The world benchmark Brent stock futures oil price soared by about 8% to $105.40 per barrel. The most direct rise in crude oil is inflation. The rise in oil prices means that people's food, clothing, housing, artificial graphite also fluctuates. If you want to know the artificial graphite, please feel free to contact us.