Review On Aluminum Nitride Properties And AlN Ceramic
Nanotrun produces aluminum nitride dust that is very pure, with small particles, uniform distribution and high specific surface. This powder can be used to make composite materials. AlN is the chemical formula. It has good compatibility to semiconductor silicon and good interface compatibility.
Aluminum Nitride Properties:
Aluminum nitride dust can be stored up to 2200°C. The powder has high strength and decreases in strength with increasing temperatures. Aluminum nitride powder is good at resisting thermal shock. It also has good thermal conductivity. Aluminium nitride resists molten metallic erosion well and makes a good crucible for making pure iron, aluminum or an alloy of it.
Aluminum nitride, an excellent electrical insulator and promising electrical component, also has high dielectric qualities. Aluminum nitride can be applied to gallium arsenide in order to protect it against ion implantation. Aluminium nitride also acts as a catalyst in the transformation of hexagonal to cubic boron nutride.
You can make aluminum nitride powder by either directly nitriding or reducing aluminum oxide and carbon. Aluminum nitride, a substance linked by covalent bonding is called. It has hexagonal crystal structures and the same form as fiber zinc or zinc sulfide. This structure's space group is P63mc. Hot pressing and welding are the only methods of manufacturing industrial-grade materials. It is stable even in high temperatures and an inert environment.
When the temperature rises above 700°C in the air, there will be oxidation on the material's surface. You can detect oxide films of 5-10nm thickness on the surface at room temperature. Oxide films protect materials up to 1370°C. When the temperature rises above 1370 degC, however, oxide films can still protect substances. Aluminum Nitride is stable up to 980°C in carbon dioxide and hydrogen.
Aluminum nitride AlN ceramic:
1. Aluminium nitride is a powder with high purity and small particles, as well as high activity. It's the principal raw material used to make aluminum nitride ceramic surfaces with high thermal conductivity.
2. High thermal conductivity, low expansion, strength, high temperature resistance, chemical resistance and little dielectric loss make aluminum nitride ceramic substrate a great choice. The ideal substrate for integrated circuit heat sinks large scales as well as a packaging material.
3. Aluminum nitride, which has higher hardness than traditional alumina and is new in ceramic materials that are wear-resistant, offers superior durability. However, because of its cost, aluminum nitride cannot be used in areas that are very worn.
4. AIN ceramics can be used for high temperature turbine corrosion-resistant parts, such as GaAs crystal crucibles. Infrared windows can also be made from its optical characteristics. Aluminum nitride can also be used as a substrate for ultra-large scale integrated circuits.
5. Aluminum nitride resists heat and is resistant to the erosion. Aluminum nitride is not affected by acids and can easily be eroded using alkaline solutions. If exposed to humid atmosphere, the newly formed AIN layer will produce an extremely thin oxide film. It can also be used to make crucibles and fire molds for the melting of metals, such as lead, copper, silver and gold. AIN ceramics can replace harmful beryllium oxide ceramics by having better metallization characteristics.
Researchers from both the United States and around the world have been captivated by aluminum nitride clays because of their excellent electrical and thermal properties. The properties of materials have become more important due to the advancement of science and technology. Ceramics made from aluminum nitride will be increasingly used in many other fields.
Nanotrun provides comprehensive services and products for advanced materials research. It serves the scientific and manufacturing activities of research institutions, universities, and companies in China. Nanotrun offers a broad range of industrial products, including ceramic materials and nanomaterials as well as rare earth, crystal, coating, and sputtering targets. You can use it in many industries, including metallurgy and petroleum.
Mis-asia, Misasia advanced material Tech Co., Ltd., a manufacturer of aluminum nitride, has over 12 years of experience in chemical product research and development. To find aluminum nitride of high quality, contact us .