The chemical properties of amorphous boron are more active than those of crystalline boron
What's amorphous, boron powder?
Amorphous Boron's chemical properties are much more active than that of crystallized boron. The hardness of crystalline boron means that it can often be used in place of diamonds to cut tools and drill bits. To increase the strength of the metal, a little boron can be added to the process of metal smelting.
Amorphous Boron powder is a type of vital energy material. The calorific value for boron in composite solid propellants as solid fuels is nearly twice that of carbon. Amorphous boron's low ignition temperature is due to its unique shape and large surface area.
The characteristics of an amorphous powder of boron
Amorphousboron powder can be described as a dark, smellless brown powder. It is easily oxidized at 300°C and ignites at 700°C. This is a boron-based fine chemical product that's widely used in many fields, including metallurgy and synthesis. This product is used mostly as a catalyst for the ignition of rocket fuel, an automobile airbag initator and a deoxidizer.
Amorphous Boron's chemical properties are much more active than that of crystallized boron. The hardness of crystalline boron makes it a popular choice for cutting tools and drilling bits. To the metal smelting process, a small amount boron is added to protect metal from oxidation at high temperatures. The alloy formation improves the metal's mechanical properties. Boron copper can be used for making control rods to atomic reactors. Boron, a powder that is blackened or brown, reacts well with fluorine, but not via hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids aqueous solutions corrosion. Boron powder cannot be dissolve in water. However, it can be broken down by boiling sulfuric and nitric acids and many molten metals, such as iron, copper, manganese and aluminum. This powder can be found in many fields, including electronics, medicine.
Use of boron powder
1. As an explosive additive, boron is the best nonmetallic source of energy. Due to its unique shape and large surface area, the ignition temperature for boron powder is much lower than that of other nonmetallic fuels.
2. Boron powder also plays an important role in the production of high-purityboron halide as well as the preparation of other raw materials.
3. A small amount of boron powder is used in copper smelting to deoxidize it. This oxygen-free deoxidizer can be used on one side as a metal deoxidizer and the other as a metal deoxidizer.
4. Boron powder is an alloy component used to make special metal products. It improves the mechanical properties and forms alloys.
5. For welding additives, you can also use Boron powder
6. Boron powder is a solid rocket propellant.
7. Boron powder is used to create an automotive airbag initator
8. For the steelmaking high-temperature furnace, magnesium carbon brick is an additive.
Suppliers of Boron powder
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd. (aka. Our company currently has a variety of products. These materials are called The
Amorphous boron Powder
The products of our company are high in purity and fine particles, with low levels of impurities. Get the most recent
Boron powder prices
To send us an enquiry, you can either send an email to or click on one of the products.