Boron nitride is a crystal composed of nitrogen atoms and boron atoms. The chemical composition is 43.6% boron and 56.4% nitrogen, with four different variants: hexagonal boron nitride (HBN), rhombohedral boron nitride (RBN), cubic boron nitride (CBN), and wurtzite nitrogen Boron (WBN).
CBN is usually black, brown, or dark red crystals with a zinc blende structure with good thermal conductivity. Hardness is second only to diamond, it is a super hard material, often used as tool materials and abrasives.
Boron nitride has chemical resistance properties and is not corroded by inorganic acids and water. The boron-nitrogen bond is broken in the hot concentrated alkali. Above 1200℃, it will start to oxidize in the air. The melting point is 3000°C, and it begins to sublimate when it is slightly lower than 3000°C. It begins to decompose at about 2700°C under vacuum. Slightly soluble in hot acid, insoluble in cold water, relative density 2.25. The compressive strength is 170MPa. The maximum operating temperature is 900°C in an oxidizing atmosphere, while it can reach 2800°C in an inactive reducing atmosphere, but the lubrication performance is poor at room temperature. Most of the properties of boron carbide are better than carbon materials. For hexagonal boron nitride: low friction coefficient, good high-temperature stability, good thermal shock resistance, high strength, high thermal conductivity, low expansion coefficient, high electrical resistivity, corrosion resistance, microwave or transparent Infrared.
Boron nitride came out more than 100 years ago. The earliest application was hexagonal boron nitride as a high-temperature lubricant [abbreviation: h-BN, or a-BN, or g-BN (that is, graphite-type boron nitride)], h- BN not only its structure but also its performance is very similar to graphite, and its own whiteness, so it is commonly called: white graphite.
Boron nitride ceramics are compounds discovered as early as 1842. A lot of research work has been done on BN materials abroad since the Second World War, and it was not developed until the BN hot pressing method was solved in 1955. The American Diamond Company and Union Carbon Company were the first to put into production, and in 1960 they had produced more than 10 tons.
In 1957, R·H·Wentrof was the first to successfully trial-produce CBN. In 1969, General Electric Company sold the product as Borazon. In 1973, the United States announced the production of CBN tools.
In 1975, Japan imported technology from the United States and also produced CBN tools.
In 1979, Sokolowski successfully used pulsed plasma technology to prepare c-BN films at low temperature and low pressure for the first time.
At the end of the 1990s, people have been able to use a variety of physical vapor deposition (PVD) and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) methods to prepare c-BN films.
From the perspective of China, the development is advancing by leaps and bounds. The research on BN powder began in 1963, was successfully developed in 1966, and was put into production in 1967 and used in my country's industry and cutting-edge technology.
1. Mold release agent for metal forming and lubricant for metal wire drawing.
2. Special electrolytic and resistive materials at high temperatures.
3. High-temperature solid lubricants, extrusion anti-wear additives, additives for the production of ceramic composite materials, refractory materials, and anti-oxidation additives, especially for the occasions of resistance to molten metal corrosion, heat-enhancing additives, high-temperature insulation materials.
4. Heat-sealing desiccant for transistors and additives for polymers such as plastic resins.
5. Pressed into various shapes of boron nitride products, which can be used as high temperature, high pressure, insulation, and heat dissipation parts.
6. Thermal shielding materials in aerospace.
7. With the participation of catalysts, it can be converted into cubic boron nitride which is as hard as diamond by high temperature and high-pressure treatment.
8. The structural materials of the atomic reactor.
9. The nozzles of airplanes and rocket engines.
10. Insulator for high-voltage and high-frequency electricity and plasma arc.
11. Packaging materials to prevent neutron radiation.
12. The super-hard material processed by boron nitride can be made into high-speed cutting tools and drill bits for geological exploration and oil drilling.
13. Separation ring for continuous cast steel in metallurgy, flow slot for amorphous iron, release agent for continuous cast aluminum (various optical glass release agents)
14. Make all kinds of evaporation boats for capacitor film aluminum plating, picture tube aluminum plating, display aluminum plating, etc.
15. All kinds of fresh-keeping aluminum-plated packaging bags, etc.
16. All kinds of laser anti-counterfeiting aluminum plating, brand hot stamping materials, all kinds of cigarette labels, beer labels, packaging boxes, cigarette packaging boxes, etc.
17. The filler used in cosmetics for lipstick is non-toxic, lubricating, and shiny.
Ozbo.com (aka. Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd.) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12 years of experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials. As a leading nanotechnology development and product name manufacturer, Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd dominates the market. Our professional work team provides perfect solutions to help improve the efficiency of various industries, create value, and easily cope with various challenges. If you are looking for Boron nitride ,please feel free to contact us.
Russian President says if the European Union imposes an oil embargo, Europe will buy energy at the most expensive price and economic activity in Europe will weaken. Rosneft needs to change its business model. Russia will help facilitate settlement an…
Recently, covid 19 outbreak spreads in Shanghai, China. There are more than 25,000 new asymptomatic domestic infections every day. China is implementing a dynamic zero-out policy. A leading respiratory expert said the key to COVID-19 prevention and c…
A wave of layoffs that has swept the entire Internet industry has intensified. China's Internet industry has experienced several crises and major changes in the past development process. There is also a "brief history of layoffs by major Internet com…