What is Zinc oxide?
is a kind of inorganic, chemical formula for ZnO, is an oxide of zinc. It is poorly soluble in water, but soluble in acids and strong bases. Zinc oxide is a common chemical additive, widely used in plastics, silicate products, synthetic rubber, lubricating oil, paint coating, ointment, adhesive, food, battery, flame retardant and other products in production. Zinc oxide has a large band-gap and exciton binding energy, high transparency, excellent luminescence performance at room temperature, and has been used in the semiconductor field of LIQUID crystal display, thin-film transistors, light-emitting diodes and other products. In addition, as a kind of nanomaterial, microgranular zinc oxide has also begun to play a role in related fields
Zinc oxide properties
Appearance and properties: white powder or hexagonal crystal. No smell, no taste, no sand. It turns yellow when heated, and turns to white again after cooling, and sublimates when heated to 1800℃. The hiding power is half that of titanium dioxide and zinc sulfide. Coloring power is twice that of basic lead carbonate.
Solubility: soluble in acid, concentrated alkali hydroxide, ammonia water and ammonium salt solution, insoluble in water and ethanol.
Zinc oxide applications
is a common chemical additive, which is widely used in plastics, silicate products, synthetic rubber, lubricants, paint coatings, ointments, binders, food, batteries, flame retardants and other products. The energy band gap of zinc oxide and the exciton can be large, high-transparency, excellent normal temperature light-emitting properties, and are used in liquid crystal displays, thin-film transistors, light-emitting diodes such as a semiconductor. In addition, the zinc oxide of microparticles has also begun to play a role in the relevant fields as a nanomaterial.
1. Mainly used in rubber or cable industries, tonic and active agents, also do colorants and fillers for white gums, used as sulfurization in neoprene, etc.
2. In the fertilizer industry, the raw material gas is used in sulfur
3. Mainly used as white pigments, rubber vulcanized active agents, organic synthetic catalysts, desulfurizes for electrostatic copying, pharmaceutical, etc.
4. Desulfurization for synthetic ammonia, petroleum, the natural gas chemical raw material gas
5. Used as the matrix of analytical reagents, reference reagents, fluorescent agents and photosensitive materials
6. Used in electrostatic wet copying, dry transfer, laser fax communication, electronics electrostatic record and electrostatic platelet
7. Used in plastic industries, sunscreen cosmetics series products, special ceramic products, special functional coatings and textile hygiene processing, etc.
8. Widely used in the lack of industrial raw material gas such as ammonia, methanol and hydrogen production, oil, the water purification process
9. Used as a convergent medicine, used to make an ointment or rubber paste
10. used as white pigments for printing, paper, matches and pharmaceutical industries. A vulcanized active agent, reinforcing agent and colorant of natural rubber, synthetic rubber and latex are used in the rubber industry. It is also used in the manufacture of pigment zinc chrome yellow, zinc acetate, zinc carbonate, zinc chloride, and the like. Further, it is also used in electron laser materials, phosphor, feed additives, catalysts, and magnetic materials to produce feed additives to zinc supplements in feed processing.
Zinc oxide Supplier
(aka. Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd.) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12 years of experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials. Currently, our company has successfully developed a series of materials. Zinc oxide produced by our company is of high purity and good quality. Send us an email or click on the needed products
to send an inquiry.