Eight questions to ask of your projects in 2012:
1. Are we prepared to go back to what we had?
2. Do we consider different options and their success profiles when implementing a strategy?
3. Are we proactively investing to reduce fear and increase attractiveness of all changes we introduce?
4. Have we assessed our team profiles to see if the team is set up for success?
5. Do our project budgeting and funds allocations processes factor in likely budget variations?
6. Do we measure value created across our portfolio of projects?
7. Have we applied the right project management methodology given the type of project at hand?
8. Do all our people have a common language?
Joanne Flinn is author of the Success Healthcheck for IT Projects (Wiley 2010) at www.successhealthcheck.com.
Sign up for MIS Asia eNewsletters.