And the new marketing leader's role will also be to listen, not just to communicate one way, Heins said.
6) Heins doesn't believe any sort of major change is in order for the BlackBerry maker, beyond a renewed focus on the consumer.
"I dont think drastic change is needed, we are evolving," Heins said. "This is not a seismic change; it is scaling the company further."
7) In fiscal year 2011, Heins cleared about $2 million in salary--$1,922,642, to be exact--according to BusinessWeek.com, though you can bet he will receive a healthy pay raise along with his CEO promotion. (RIM hasn't offered any specific details on compensation.)
8) Heins rides a motorcycle, but it's not a Harley Davidson. Like a good German, Heins is all about the BMW bikes, according to the Guardian.uk.
9) Heins lived in Florida for four years, and as such, he supports NBA basketball team the Miami Heat.
10) Everyone, including media, RIM employees, critics and BlackBerry users alike, will soon begin calling Mr. Heins "Thor"...or at least I will--and you should too.
Sign up for MIS Asia eNewsletters.