6. Alternative broadband for small businesses: Although WiMax network offers the same promises as HSPA/HSDPA network, the full prowess of this technology will not be seen until the appropriate business model and pervasive coverage area are established.
7. Moving the wireless backhaul to IP: IDC believes that because of pricing reasons or without the scalable bandwidth will force the mobile operators to migrate to IP.
8. The convergence of network operation centres: The consultancy firm sees the implementation of the converged Network Operation Center (NOC) as the next necessary and logical step in the evolution to next generation and convergence service infrastructure.
9. Resurrection of SaaS: The global economic slowdown has resulted in industry players intensifying their cost management agenda, leading to a paradigm shift from CAPEX to OPEX. This creates an opportunity for a SaaS resurrection'.
10. The beginning era for Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexer (ROADM): The continual rollout of Standard Definition TV (SDTV), High Definition TV (HDTV), Video on Demand (VOD), and more matured Metro Ethernet services have forced the operators to cater for heavier data transactions in the network. This may become a nightmare for network management. A more intelligent solution is required to help the network owners. The consultancy firm believes that Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexer (ROADM) may be the solution for better network management.
According to IDC, these predictions draw upon the latest IDC research and a worldwide brainstorming exercise among IDC's more than 900 analysts.
Sign up for MIS Asia eNewsletters.