"The Huawei solution is not a one product compromise, but a complete DCI solution for the cloud era," said Duan. "The solution ensures cloud resource pools are established for DC resources, allowing for data extraction and resource sharing between interconnected DCs for improved capabilities."
The solution offers security benefits too. "For the sake of security, data cannot be stored in a same DC," Duan said. "Huawei's redundancy design for the solution supports real-time data synchronization, achieving active-active, multi-active, and backup. Because most services are based within the same location, latency is reduced, improving storage efficiency. Resource waste and costs are lowered by reducing power consumption, improving heat dissipation, and supporting "Pay as grow" requirements."
The solution also uses SDN architecture to implement intelligent scheduling, fast service provisioning, fast fault recovery, and resource visualization. By improving network usage, ensuring a stable and efficient system, and reducing O&M costs, optimal user experience for DCI bearer networks is maintained.
The Future Road Map
Huawei OSN902 is 2 U high, houses six slots, and supports a capacity of 1.2 Tbit/s. This product is cost-effective. It has a medium capacity, and its optical modules have good compatibility, satisfying initial DCI market requirements.
"Based on predicted DCI market requirements, Huawei DCI product will be continuously optimized in areas such as costs, integration, single-fiber capacity, and power consumption with each version development," said Duan.
"By 2017, integration of the product is predicted to be the best within the industry," he said. "Integration of a framer into the DSP will improve the single-wavelength capacity from 200G to 400G. Large-scale application demands of mainstream customers will be satisfied by continuous reduction in power consumption, a simplified optical layer, O&M and management based on the T-SDN software architecture and the introduction of one-click service provisioning."
Duan predicts that by 2018, Huawei will have improved the single-wavelength capacity, and increased the number of wavelengths, by enabling the optical layer to support a flexible grid. "In addition, Huawei aims to develop dynamic adjustment functions for optical-layer bandwidth by using OXC, as well as improved T-SDN related functions to help provide more open management interfaces," he said.
How Huawei is leading new and innovative ICT and enabling technologies to build a new cloud and network services ecosystem
Together with its partners, Huawei is dedicated to partnering with customers across industries to empower their infrastructure and enrich their services to thrive in the new ICT era while building a better connected world.
1. ISP cloud service
- Commercial Open XaaS Platform
- Business agile, full process business automation base on SDDC and SDS (service contents, user application, resource assignment, measuring and charging, resource recycle), support ISP cloud service.
- Open and compatible cloud OS are based on Open Stack architecture and different resource pool management.
- Leading Cloud DC Infrastructure
- Open cloud platform based on Open Stack, virtual and physics converged, virtualisation platform isomerism, scheduling of resource in different cloud.
- ManageOne, fast cloud business deployment and management.
- Open, reliable, innovative scale out server architecture.
- Flexible and choke free , open DCN network
- Easy deployment, high reliable DCI network
- Multi-DCs connection and unified management
Sign up for MIS Asia eNewsletters.