* Skilled at Large Cloud Deployments: MSPs regularly deal with large application deployments. They are experts at understanding how the applications will run in various cloud environments and across multiple geographies. Because of their broad experience, MSPs comprehend the intricacies of what works and what doesn't work that could easily be underestimated by in-house IT and can develop a low risk deployment plan.
* Customization: MSPs understand that one size does not fit all and almost all cloud deployments require some level of service integration and customization. Unlike pure play IaaS, MSPs are skilled at mass customization. MSPs expect to customize every deployment and offer a full range of professional services to support that.
* Application Experts: MSPs understand applications, how they run in various environments and offer functional support for both the functions of the application in use and the business processes that those functions represent. These application experts truly understand their customer's business workflow and how to enhance it.
* Simplification Experts: MSPs are experts at taking the complex and simplifying it for their customers. They understand how to take complex tasks and make them repeatable processes.
* Single point of contact: MSPs serve as the single point of contact to enable complex business workflows regardless of the services used. They own any problems that should arise and ensure continuity. Support is delivered by a global support team that is empowered to serve and support your business 24x7x365 with complete transparency at all levels without surprises or hidden costs.
* Service-centric: MSPs are completely service-centric. They become an extension of their customer's team and understand what it takes at all levels of the organization to make the relationship work.
* Anticipate Problems: Proactive management of both the infrastructure as well as the application is a mainstay of MSP services. MSPs anticipate problems and try to resolve them before they impact their clients.
* Simplified Billing: MSPs have been using the recurring business model for years and understand its benefits as well as its drawbacks.
When delivered effectively, cloud is simplistic, secure, and economical and delivers more value to the customer. However, as enterprises deploy more applications in the cloud, the complexity of deployment, integration and management increases. Look towards partnering with cloud-savvy MSPs that offer a suite of professional services to reduce risk during migration and give you the lowest TCO possible.
Sign up for MIS Asia eNewsletters.