Photo - Model posing with AMD Kaveri chips in Malaysia
AMD has unveiled in Malaysia the 2014 A-Series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) with AMD Radeon R7 graphics codenamed 'Kaveri,' which enables groundbreaking compute performance and next-gen application acceleration through a heterogeneous system architecture [HSA], said the semiconductor firm.
Speaking during the unveiling at Plaza Low Yat in Kuala Lumpur, AMD Far East's Asean general manager Ryan Sim said these are the most 'advanced and developer friendly performance APUs from the company to date.
Sim said, "AMD maintains our technology leadership with the 2014 AMD A-Series APUs, a revolutionary next generation APU that marks a new era of computing."
"With world-class graphics and compute technology on a single chip, the AMD A-Series APU is an effective and efficient solution for our customers and enable industry-leading computing experiences," he said.
Photo - Speaking at Plaza Low Yat in Kuala Lumpur, Ryan Sim, General Manager for AMD Far East Ltd (ASEAN region) is based in Singapore.
The new features of the AMD A-Series APUs include:
- Up to 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU and 8 GPU) unlocking full APU potential ;
- Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) features, a new intelligent computing architecture that enables the CPU and GPU to work in harmony by streamlining right tasks to the most suitable processing element, resulting in performance and efficiency for both consumers and developers;
- Award-winning Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture with powerful AMD Radeon R7 Series graphics for performance that commands respect and with support for DirectX 11.2 ;
- AMD's acclaimed Mantle, an API that simplifies game optimizations for programmers and developers to raise gaming performance to unprecedented levels when unlocked ;
- AMD TrueAudio Technology, 32-channel surround audio delivering the best in audio realism and immersion ;
- Support for UltraHD (4K) resolutions and new video post processing enhancements that will make 1080p videos look even better when upscaled on UltraHD-enabled monitor or TV ;
- FM2+ socket compatibility for a unifying infrastructure that works with APUs and CPUs.
The A10-7850K and A10-7700K APUs will be bundled with EA's Battlefield 4, to bring a first-in-class APU gaming experience, said Sim. "The AMD A-Series APU processor-in-a-box (PIBs) for the AMD A10-7850K and AMD A10-7700K, which started shipping in Q4 2013, are now available."
In addition, the AMD A8-7600 will be shipping in Q1 2014, he said. Additionally, the AMD Radeon R9 2400 Gamer Series memory is tested and certified for AMD A10 APUs, and their full potential will be realised with AMD Memory Profile technology (AMP) offering speeds up to 2400MHz.
The AMD A-Series APUs are also now available in PCs from AMD's partner system builders.
Sign up for MIS Asia eNewsletters.