Advantages and disadvantages of molybdenum disulfide
Molybdenum disulfide is an inorganic substance with the chemical formula MoS2, which is the main component of molybdenite. Black solid powder with a metallic luster. The melting point is 2375°C, the density is 4.80g/cm³ (14°C), and the Mohs hardness is 1.0～1.5.
Advantages of molybdenum disulfide
1. The oil spill was completely eliminated, cleaned, and greatly promoted civilized production.
2. It can save a lot of lubricating greases.
3. Improve the operating technical conditions, extend the maintenance cycle, reduce the labor intensity of maintenance workers, and save labor.
4. Due to the low friction coefficient of molybdenum disulfide, the friction resistance between the friction devices is small, which can save power consumption. According to the measurement of brothers, the power saving can be 12%
5. It can reduce mechanical wear, extend the service life of friction equipment, reduce the loss of equipment parts, and improve the attendance rate of the equipment.
6. The application of molybdenum disulfide lubrication can solve the technical key and improve work efficiency and accuracy.
7. Molybdenum disulfide has the function of filling and filling, which can restore the geometric dimensions of some parts and prolong the service life.
8. Molybdenum disulfide has the characteristics of moisture-proof, waterproof, alkali-proof, and acid-proof.
9. Molded parts smelted with plastic or powder of molybdenum disulfide can save a lot of non-ferrous metals.
10. After some equipment is lubricated with molybdenum disulfide, the complicated oil supply system can be eliminated, which greatly simplifies the equipment structure and relatively improves the utilization rate of the effective area. At the same time, it will also cause major reforms in equipment design.
Disadvantages of molybdenum disulfide
Molybdenum disulfide also has its shortcomings, such as poor thermal conductivity, low friction coefficient, and low permeability (compared to thin oil). These shortcomings are the main obstacles to further expansion of the scope of use, compared with the developed countries. Attaches great importance to the research on solid lubricants, and has also held an international lubrication conference to exchange relevant information and discuss new technology. In recent years, some industrialized countries in the United States, Japan, and Western Europe have established friction, wear, and lubrication centers. . Friction, wear, and lubrication has become a new subject alone. Many foreign universities have offered courses in friction, wear, and lubrication. Solid lubricants are also one of the topics of teaching and research. There are also specialized institutions engaged in research in my country. The shortcomings of solid lubrication are the problems in progress. For our hard-working, brave, and intelligent Chinese people, these problems can be overcome one by one through repeated practice, continuous improvement, and creation, and can move forward and invent. Modern science and technology are developing very rapidly, and more perfect solid lubricating materials will appear soon. In order to realize the life-long lubrication of all equipment.
Based on the above, the molybdenum disulfide solid lubricating base is indeed a new type of lubricating material that meets the requirements of "multiple, fast, better, and economical", and should be vigorously promoted and applied.
(aka. Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd.) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12 years of experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials. As a leading nanotechnology development and product name manufacturer, Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd dominates the market. Our professional work team provides perfect solutions to help improve the efficiency of various industries, create value, and easily cope with various challenges. If you are looking for molybdenum disulfide
,please feel free to contact us.