A type of shape memory alloy is an alloy which can instantly restore its plastic deformation to its original form at a specific temperature.
A shape memory alloy is Nitinol. This is a unique alloy that automatically returns its plastic deformation back to the original shape when heated up. Its expansion rate exceeds 20% and damping qualities are 10x higher than standard springs. Additionally, it is corrosion resistant and more durable than medical stainless steel. Therefore, it is able to fulfill various engineering and medical needs. It’s a great functional material.
This memory alloy is unique because of its shape memory feature. It also features excellent characteristics like wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
The special properties of Nitinol Powder
1. Aff-temperature deformation (shape memory) is the property of shape memory. Reverse phase changes allow the material to automatically take its original shape and return it to the parent phase. Actually, shape memory is actually a Nitinol phase transformation that has been thermally initiated.
2. Superelasticity The phenomenon known as superelasticity, or the ability of a sample to produce a strain that is greater than its elastic limit under external forces and then recovers when it is unloaded. The superelasticity does not involve thermal energy, which is a significant difference to shape memory properties. The term superelasticity is simply that the stress level does not rise with strain exceeding a specific deformation range. You can divide superelasticity into nonlinear and linear superelasticity. Nonlinear Superelasticity refers the stress-induced martensitic transform and its reverse phases during loading and unloading within a specific temperature range. Also known as phase transformation pseudoelasticity, nonlinear supraelasticity also has the name “phase transformation pseudoelasticity”. Nitinol has a phase change pseudo-elasticity that can exceed 8%.
3. Sensitivity of the dental cavity to temperature variations: Temperature does not affect the orthodontic power or the coCr alloy ortho wire. Changes in temperature affect the correction force of super-elastic titanium alloy ortho wire. If the deformation rate is constant, it’s called constant. Temperature increases cause the corrective force to increase. The corrective force can be used to accelerate teeth movement. The reason is that temperature changes within the oral cavity stimulate blood flow and replenish the nutrients to repair cells. Keep the tooth’s health and function normal. Orthodontists are unable to control and measure the orthodontic forces in the mouth.
4. Corrosion resistance: Research has shown that nickel-titanium steel wire exhibits a similar corrosion resistance to stainless steel.
5. Anti-toxicity. Nitinol’s shape memory alloy is anti-toxic. The Ni-Ti Alloy has excellent biocompatibility when used under normal conditions. TiXOy, TixNiOy can be used to block the Ni release.
6. Gentle orthodontic power: currently commercially used orthopedic wires include austenitic stainless steel wires, cobalt-chromium-nickel alloy wires, nickel-chromium alloy wires, Australian alloy wires, gold alloy wires and ss-titanium alloy wires. The load-displacement curves for these wires were determined under three-point and tensile testing conditions. Nitinol has the lowest unloading curve platform and is flattest. It can therefore provide soft and durable correction forces.
7. High shock absorption: More vibrations from chewing or night molars are a danger to the root and the periodontal tissues. The results of several arch wire attenuation studies have revealed that the vibration amplitudes of stainless steel wire are higher than those of super elastic Ni-Ti. Only half the initial vibration amplitude for super-elastic Ni–Ti archwire is that of stainless steel. It is vital to maintain the dental health. Traditional arch wires like stainless steel can increase root resorption.
Luoyang Tech Co., Ltd.
Over 12 years’ experience in developing and researching chemical products. You can pay by Credit Card, T/T or West Union. We will send the items to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.
You can find high-quality Nitinol powder here
Get in touch
You can also send us an enquiry