What is an EV On-board charger?
EV On-board chargers refer to the chargers fixed on electric vehicles, which are capable of safely and automatically charging the power batteries of electric vehicles. According to the data provided by the battery management system (BMS), the chargers can dynamically adjust the charging current or voltage parameters, perform the corresponding actions, and complete the charging process.
What are the characteristics of the on-board charger?
According to whether the charging system is installed on the car, the on-board charger is divided into on-board charging system and non-on-board charging system. The on-board charging system is installed inside the vehicle, which has the advantages of small size, good cooling and sealing, lightweight, etc., but the power is generally small, and the charging time is long. The non-on-board charging system is installed outside the new energy vehicle and has the advantages of large scale, a wide range of use and large power. However, it is large in size, heavy in weight and not easy to move. It is mainly suitable for the rapid charging of new energy vehicles.
What are the functions of the on-board charger?
(1) The on-board charger has the function of communication between high-speed CAN network and BMS to judge whether the battery connection state is correct; The real-time data of battery system parameters, whole group and individual battery before and during charging are obtained.
(2) The on-board charger CAN communicate with the vehicle monitoring system through the high-speed CAN network, upload the working state, working parameters and fault warning information of the charger, and accept the control command to start charging or stop charging.
(3) The EV on-board charger has complete safety protection measures:
· AC input overvoltage protection function.
· AC input undervoltage alarm function.
· AC input overcurrent protection function.
· DC output overcurrent protection function.
· DC output short-circuit protection function.
· Output soft-start function to prevent current shock.
· During the charging process, the on-board charger shall ensure that the temperature, charging voltage and current of the power battery does not exceed the allowable value; And has the function of single battery voltage limit, automatically adjust the charging current dynamically according to the battery information of BMS.
· Automatically judge whether the charging connector and the charging cable are properly connected. When the on-board charger is properly connected with the charging pile and the battery, the charger can be allowed to start the charging process; When the on-board charger detects that the connection with the charging pile or battery is not normal, immediately stop charging.
· Charging interlock function ensures that the vehicle cannot start before the charger and the power battery are connected separately.
· High voltage interlock function. When there is the high voltage that is harmful to personal safety, the module locks without output.
· The on-board charger also has the flame retardant function.
EV On-board charger supplier
Grasen EV on-board charger is mainly used for hybrid vehicles, pure electric vehicles, electric buses, electric logistics vehicles and other new energy vehicles, and is suitable for charging lithium iron phosphate, lithium manganese acid, lead acid and other vehicle power batteries. Start your EV charging station businesses with Grasen. For a no-obligation quote latest price of EV On-board charger or technical support, please contact us and fill in your details, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.