How do you define it?
Molybdenum dioxide is an inorganic compound with the chemical moS2 which is the main ingredient of molybdenite. A black solid with metallic luster. The melting point for black powder is 2375. Its density is 4.80g/cm3(14). Mohs hardness of 1.01.5.
These are some of the key features for Molybdenum Disulfide.
1. Molybdenum is not soluble in water, dilute or concentrated sulfuric, and it’s generally insoluble with other acids and organic solvents. But, it is soluble in aqua regia, boiled concentrated sulfuric, and in water. Molybdenum trioxide is formed by slow oxidation at 400
2. Molybdenum disulfide reacts with neither sodium hydroxide, nor potassium hydroxide solution
3. The reaction of molybdenum disulfide heated with chlorine gas can produce molybdenum tachloride
4. Molybdenum diulfide, alkyl litium and control react to make an intercalation chemical (intercalation agent) LixMoS2. LiMoS2 is formed when the compound reacts with butyllithium.
5. Molybdenum dioxide has a large amount of active sulfur. It is very easy to cause copper corrosion. You can read more about it in many papers and books on lubricant ingredients. Molybdenum disulfide is a good choice for lubricating copper parts and their alloys. But, copper corrosion inhibitor is also recommended.
Molybdenum Diulfide Properties
molybdenum sulfide, molybdenum disulphide,
Powder MoS2 and moly disulfide
Solubility of H2O
Temperature of Storage
Molybdenum Diulfide MoS2 MoS2 Powder, CAS 1317-33-5
Molybdenum Disulfide and its applications
Molybdenum Disulfide (1) is an important, solid lubricant. It’s especially good for high temperatures and high pressure. Also diamagnetic, it can be used to produce a line photoconductor or a semiconductor of P-type (or N-type) conductivity. Additionally, it has energy conversion functions and acts as an energy convertor. Molybdenum dioxide can also serve as a catalyst to the dehydrogenation complex hydrocarbons. The “King of Advanced Solid Lubricants” is another name for it. Molybdenum diulfide powder is made up of molybdenum concentrate. It has undergone chemical purification to alter the molecular structures. The powder is black with some silvery-gray and has a metallic luster. This product is non-adhesive and dispersible. The product can be mixed with other greases to make a colloidal condition without adhesion. This will increase the grease’s lubricity as well as the extreme pressure. You can use it in mechanical conditions such as high temperature, high pressure and high speed, which will prolong the equipment’s lifespan. With little loss of ignition or volatile, molybdenum sulfide’s main purpose in friction materials is to decrease friction at low temperatures and increase friction at higher temperature.
(2) Friction reduction effect;
(3) friction increase. Molybdenum dioxide is not conductive, but there are molybdenum sulfide copolymers, molybdenum Trisulfide copolymers, and molybdenum triglyceride copolymers. If the temperature of the friction materials increases rapidly due to friction, then the molybdenum dioxide particles within the copolymer shrink as temperatures rise and they play a part in increasing friction.
Molybdenum diulfide can be used to prevent oxidation. This chemical purification process and extensive reaction gives it a pH value of 8.8, which is slightly acidic. The friction material’s surface is covered with it. This can help protect other materials from oxidization and increase adhesion.
Molybdenum dioxide is the principal supplier
advanced material Tech Co., Ltd. is a professional
Over 12 years’ experience in developing and researching chemical products. You can pay by Credit Card, T/T or West Union. We will send the items to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.
You can find high quality, amorphous powder boron at a great price by contacting us.
Please contact us
You can also send us an enquiry